Colorado Mountain and Riverfront Vacation Cabin
Snowmobiling, Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, Hunting, Fly Fishing, Horseback Riding
Escape to the first area in the United States designated a Wilderness – The Flat Tops of NW Colorado. With mild summer temperatures and snowy winters. Wild Skies’ Flat Tops cabin is a year round vacation destination with ½ mile of private river frontage and surrounded on three sides by the Routt National Forest which is ideal for snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross country skiing hiking, fishing, hunting, and horseback riding.
Wild Skies’ Flat Tops cabin is the perfect vacation destination; located just four hours from Denver, CO or 45 minutes south of the Steamboat Springs, CO airport (a little over 1 hour from the town of Steamboat Springs, CO).
Our Flat Tops cabin is more like a secluded mountain lodge available exclusively as a cabin for one group to rent. With over 3500 sq.ft this 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath multi-level home has multi-level decks, a full walkout basement, wood burning fireplace, a lower level recreational room and radiant in-floor heating throughout. Views from the deck (which has a propane BBQ grill) and from the dining, living and bedroom areas are of Dunckley Pass and the East Fork of the Williams Fork River which is about 50 feet below the cabin’s decks.
The dining area has a large table that can be expanded to seat up to 10 people and the kitchen bar area can accommodate another 3 individuals. Outside the patio tables can easily accommodate up to 10 people and additional patio chairs are available. The gourmet kitchen includes two ovens and a 6 burner stove along with a deep sink and refrigerator. Other amenities include a large mudroom and dog wash, large capacity washer and dryer, 55” flat screen TV with Direct TV, foosball table, air hockey table and large game table and poker game set. Each upper floor bedroom has a patio door accessing the balcony which overlooks the river and the lower ridge of Baldy Mountain where elk and mule deer trails abound.
Except during Colorado big game hunting season (approximately August 25 to Nov 23 which includes elk muzzleloader, elk archery, elk rifle, mule deer archery, mule deer rifle and mule deer muzzleloader seasons ) there is a minimum 3 night stay required. Non-big game hunting season and non-weekend and non-holiday rates for groups of 7 or less start at $500 per night. Rates do not include sales tax. Please see our Rates page for full rate terms, conditions and other details.
Call for rate information on groups larger than 7 people.
- A deposit is required to secure your reservation. High demand periods (hunting seasons) require at least a 50% deposit.
- Three-night minimum stay required during non-hunting season.
- Fourteen-day cancellation policy – any cancellation made within the 14 days will forfeit deposit hunting season has a different policy please see that page for more information.
- Administrative fee for all cancellations is $35 ($25 if no credit card transactions were involved).
- No Smoking except outside in designated areas and all cigarette butts and other items must be properly extinguished and disposed of.
- Pets on a case-by case basis.
- Check-in after 4:00 p.m. unless prior arrangements are made in advance.
- Checkout by 10:00 a.m. unless prior arrangements are made in advance.
- Checks are fine and we accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover – Sorry American Express is not available at this time
Contact us today!
Se habla español – para información o hacer reservación llamar a Lisa: 970.926.0216.
Read or WriteReviews
Reviews From Recent Guests
We were a group of 16 that went there for a long weekend. The owners of the property were the sweetest people! Extremely friendly and helpful. The cabin was brilliant as well. You definitely get the “forest” experience here. The cabin was well equipped in all regards. The only downside was a slow Internet connection. But we aren’t supposed to take work to vacation! The nearest big city was steamboat springs which is a really nice place too! All in all, a really enjoyable experience for the family. Thanks guys!!